One area that I consult on often is the Romance & Relationship area. (See how you can find the Romance & Relationship area of your home). Seems that many people are looking for advice in the relationship area of their lives.
But what is not mentioned often is that this area also represents the female (yin) energy or Mother energy of the home. (Each of the Bagua areas represent a family member, including Mother, Father, 3 sons and 3 daughters.)
The Mother represents nourishment, peace, receptivity, patience and cultivating supportive relationships. The Mother energy knows how to allow herself to be guided, to let things happen in the moment. "Go with the flow."
Note: You needn't be a Mother to have this area impact you. If you are the female head of the household, this is your spot, too!
Inevitably, I activate this area of the home for many of my clients, regardless of what they are requesting. Why? Life issues that they are having can also be compounded by a lack of balance and/or support of the Mother energy. The "Mother" area in them is not being nourished and supported.
Here are some quick ways to nourish that Mother energy in your home, and in turn, you:
- Clear out clutter that is in this area of your bedroom, home, and even your property
- Simplify and create a calm space in the Mother area - in the room of your choice (far right area from door)
- Add rocks, stones, quartz crystals or candles, which all support the Earth energy of the Mother
- Bring some creativity, perhaps artwork that inspires you or photos (best not to have images of single women here) - red and pinks work well here!
- Many of my clients love the suggestion of a female goddess statue in the Mother area, perhaps in the garden
And remember, this is also Mother Nature energy. Be kind to your land and gardens. Tend to them, speak with nature spirit, nourish them, and they will nourish you, too!
Photo credit: pizzazzerie.com