Biophilic Design Certification Course
Option to start the Self-Study Course NOW
+ Join the 6 Live Zoom Classes Coming Soon!
Why Biophilic Design? Why Now?
- Biophilic design expresses our love of life (biophilia) in our homes and work spaces for greater wellbeing. It's never been more relevant, nor more desirable, than now.
- Infuse biophilic design with some of the more spiritual dimensions (i.e., connection to the land, spirit of place) that it currently lacks.
- Find and use cost-effective ways to adopt biophilic design in current spaces - Help clients who may want to embrace biophilic design on a smaller scale by making some changes to their current spaces.
- For feng shui practitioners, it's a wonderful discipline to enhance our practice through languaging, principles, and research
Become the Expert!
I've studied Biophilic Design since 2009 and even visited with the "father" of biophilic design, Stephen Kellert, at his Yale University office at the Environmental & Forestry School.
Professor Kellert has said that "biophilic design is a modern take on feng shui."
However, there are some major distinctions between the two disciplines and learn how you can benefit from it.
In this 6-Module Online Course you will learn:
- What Biophilic Design is
- How it relates to Feng Shui
- The science behind Biophilic Design
- The principles of Biophilic Design from various perspectives
- Real case studies on Biophilic Design
- Industry applications per Module: Hospitality, Healthcare, Corporate, Residential, Civic Spaces
- The Latest Biophilic Design resources and research
- How Biophilic Design can complement your architecture, design or feng shui practice
- Handouts on each Module
- Video presentations
- Industry focus per Module
- Module assignments
- Live interaction in private FB Group
- Quizzes + short essay for Certification
- Ongoing FB community for sharing & continued learning!
- Founder of IFSG-approved Gold program
After completion of this Course you will be able to:
- Add an important new dimension to your architecture, design, or feng shui practice
- Help your clients develop a deeper connection to nature in their homes and lives
- Learn a new language – Tons of research supports how Biophilic Design improves behavior, productivity, creativity and morale, among other things.
- Be the Expert – educate architects, designers, and builders with this knowledge. So few know about biophilia still.
Online Course - Self-Study Available Now!
My work intuitively has an elemental relationship with the landscape, but to see where those design principles are embedded in the respective elements -- to give it a language + have research behind it -- was REAL GOLD. This course provided a valuable framework when evaluating my designs.
Janine de Waal - Design Architect - connects people to nature to survive + thrive
This course added a whole new dimension to how I see the five elements. I can create a space that embodies the feel of the elements, using the biophilic principles, at a much deeper level. I am excited to explore this with all the elements starting in my own home!
Susannah Alle, www.healinghomesfengshui.com
The knowledge I have gained in this course will become an integral part of my practice moving forward. Up until now, there have been no tools available for me to easily integrate biophilia into my Feng Shui practice. I now have some wonderful tools that will allow me to work with both disciplines simultaneously and with ease. They will be laminated and will become one of the key components of my tool kit. - Linda Bischoff, Diploma Interior Design, IFSG - Red Ribbon Feng Shui Practitioner
Maureen's Biophilic Design program is very thorough and thoughtful, and learning with her was a pleasure. Now that I understand the principles of Biophilic Design, my interior design practice has more purpose and meaning. I highly recommend this course!
Morgan Slauson, Certified Interior Designer, www.frontofhousedesign.com
Taking this course, I am now even more inspired to showcase the essentials of how nature influences our environments. The tools offered in this course are magnificent and aplenty. Maureen has a mind for both the esoteric and the scientific reasoning of both practices and her way of blending them as a whole is inspiring to say the least. This is a “can’t miss” course for anyone wanting to further their practice using our environments as nurturers.
Sharon Wunder, Holistic Interior Design Coach, Conspire Design, LLC
Although I have been practicing feng shui, the concepts of biophilic design are much easier for many people to grasp. The tools provided to evaluate a space helped me to focus on the opportunities in a big way. The conversations and readings have served to give me so much more confidence in the importance of this work. When I enrolled, my goal was to gain inspiration and motivation in SOME WAY, as I was really struggling to start my career as a Feng Shui consultant. From the first class and assignment, there was a success!
Chelcey Dunham, Enlightened Interiors - www.enlightenedinteriors.space
Loved the self-study option! Very well structured and has offered me a new perspective upon sustainability along with many other valuable insights to promote workplace wellbeing. I love your concept of the 5 elements integrating Feng Shui and Biophilic Design principles. Very enthusiastic of the scientific research and the practical guidelines and examples which made this course complete. Normally I am not very fond of FB groups, but this is the first one that really stands out in qualitative content and support! Thank you for offering the course in self-study mode. I enjoyed the course a lot!
Heidi Lenaerts - www.academyfornaturalinspiration.com
I think feng shui and biophilic design complement each other perfectly. Offering both modalities will attract different clients/ different demographics and so I love adding this certification to my newly blossoming business. I’m now realizing that all of this learning provides a solid foundation but how we design and build the resulting house is ours to magically create. What freedom and inspiration that idea produces!
Jill A. Brooks, www.jillannbrooks.com