Biophilic Design Certification Course
Self-Study with Private Community + Support
Why Biophilic Design? Why Now?
- Biophilic design expresses our love of life (biophilia) in our homes and work spaces for greater wellbeing. It's never been more relevant, nor more desirable, than now.
- Infuse biophilic design with some of the more spiritual dimensions (i.e., connection to the land, spirit of place) that it currently lacks.
- Find and use cost-effective ways to adopt biophilic design in current spaces - Help clients who may want to embrace biophilic design on a smaller scale by making some changes to their current spaces.
- For feng shui practitioners, it's a wonderful discipline to enhance our practice through languaging, principles, and research
Become the Expert!
I've studied Biophilic Design since 2009 and even visited with the "father" of biophilic design, Stephen Kellert, at his Yale University office at the Environmental & Forestry School.
Professor Kellert has said that "biophilic design is a modern take on feng shui."
However, there are some major distinctions between the two disciplines and learn how you can benefit from it.
In this 6-Module Online Course you will learn:
- What Biophilic Design is
- How it relates to Feng Shui
- The science behind Biophilic Design
- The principles of Biophilic Design from various perspectives
- Real case studies on Biophilic Design
- Industry applications per Module: Hospitality, Healthcare, Corporate, Residential, Civic Spaces
- The Latest Biophilic Design resources and research
- How Biophilic Design can complement your architecture, design or feng shui practice
Who is the course for?
You do not need to be a feng shui consultant. Participants have included architects, interior designs, sustainability managers, therapists, artists! From South Africa, to Australia, and Hawaii!
What's included in this course?
- Handouts on each Module
- Live Zoom sharing/discussions
- Industry focus per Module
- Module assignments
- Private FB Group
- Quizzes + short essay for Certification
- Ongoing FB community for sharing & continued learning!
- Founder of IFSG-approved Gold program
After completion of this Course you will be able to:
- Add an important new dimension to your architecture, design, or feng shui practice
- Help your clients develop a deeper connection to nature in their homes and lives
- Learn a new language – Tons of research supports how Biophilic Design improves behavior, productivity, creativity and morale, among other things.
- Be the Expert – educate architects, designers, and builders with this knowledge. So few know about biophilia still.
When are classes?
Welcome Email with content - July 1st
Six (6) Zoom Classes are 12:00 – 1:00 ET on the following dates:
Wednesdays in July (7/6, 7/13, 7/20, 7/27, 8/3)
Plus, one Monday (8/1)
Can't Make it Live?
Each class will be recorded and replay will be emailed, plus the powerpoint.
I want to be the Expert!
-> Join our Self-Study Community
LSFSS, MID, IFSG MEMBERS or CANADIAN Students: for special discounts CONTACT ME for promo code